When you receive your IC Manage license, the installation method will vary slightly based on the version of your p4d binary, and whether p4d is currently running on the host.
If you have any trouble with these instructions, please contact IC Manage support at firstname.lastname@example.org
As the icmAdmin superuser run p4d -V to find your p4d version:
> /home/icmanage/icmanage/bin/p4d -V.
The last line of the output contains the revision number. The example below shows a revision of 2012.2 running on 64-bit (X86_64) linux.
Rev. P4D/LINUX26X86_64/2012.2/756218 (2013/21/09).
To find if your p4d server is running
> ps uww -Cp4d.
If you are using p4d 2007.3 and later, and p4d is running:
1) Copy the license file to any file.
2) Then run 'icmp4 -uicmAdmin -p<p4port> license -i < <license file>', where <p4port> is the server:port for your p4d server, and <license file> is the license file you saved.
3) Run 'icmp4 info' to verify the server can read the license.
If you are using p4d 2007.2 or earlier, OR any version if p4d is not running:
1) Install your license as '/home/icmanage/icmanage/depot/license' (no extension) on the machine with the specified IP address.
2) Stop and restart the Perforce daemon.
The method to stop and start the daemon differs depending on whether your are running icmrep or not. If you are not running icmrep, you can stop and start the daemon with:
> /etc/init.d/perforce stop
> /etc/init.d/perforce start
If you are using icmrep, stop and start p4d with
> /home/icmanage/icmanage/bin/icm_p4d stop
> /home/icmanage/icmanage/bin/icm_p4d start